HOW DOES LYNCH'S PHARMACY HELP?
- Initial half hour consultation with your Pharmacist outlining Diverticulitis. This 30 minute one-on-one session is broken into three areas -
- What is the cause of Diverticulitis?
- How is Diverticulitis treated?
- How do you live with Diverticulitis?
- We will go through the causes, risk factors, progression and management of Diverticulitis. We will explain the treatments available including conventional medicine, complimentary medicine and complimentary therapy. All our recommendations for complimentary medicine and therapies are based on clinical evidence.
- Access to our Diverticulitis Resource Centre - stay informed and up to date on the latest developments in Diverticulitis research, including the best management strategies available.
- Access to our Diverticulitis Library where you will find articles and videos on all things to do with causes, living with and treating Diverticulitis.
- You might have been recommended to follow a healthy diet, so we make it easy by providing many delicious, healthy, calorie controlled recipes.
- Exercise is medicine. Let Olympic Athlete Gillian O'Sullivan get you motivated and started with an exercise program. Gillian will put you through your paces online using our stretching and exercise videos.
- Visit our interactive stress management centre where Sinead & Jez will help you relax through Yoga and Tai Chi.
- Also available in our resource centre are our scientifically proven complimentary therapies. Get started today using our quick start guide to Art Therapy, Music Therapy, Light Therapy, meditation, relaxed breathing, muscle relaxation and many more. Control your stress using scientifically proven therapies.
What is it?
When the bulging pouches along your digestive tract, known as diverticula, become inflammed and infected, diverticulitis results.
How do I recognise it?
Common signs and symptoms of diverticulitis include:
- Pain that's often sudden, severe, and located in the lower left side of the abdomen. Less commonly, abdominal pain may be mild at first, and become worse over several days, possibly fluctuating in intensity
- Change in bowel habits
- Abdominal tenderness
- Nausea and vomiting
Less common signs and symptoms of diverticulitis may include:
Diverticula usually develop when naturally weak places in your colon give way under pressure. This causes marble-sized pouches to protrude through the colon wall.
Exactly how diverticula become inflamed or infected isn't clear.
How do you treat it?
Like any disease, even if there is no cure, there is almost always something you can do to manage it and take control. There are three main areas involved in the treatment of any disease:
For information on medicines and therapies relevant to Diverticulitis, make an appointment at Lynch's pharmacy, Broadale, Douglas, Cork on 021-4366923.
Learn all about the drugs used to treat the disease and any complementary medicines or therapies proven to help. Equip yourself with the tools to manage the condition and not be managed by it.
How do you live with it?
Certain adjustments may be needed to get on with your life, and often, some simple tips and advice can go a long way to making these changes.
When you come to a Lynch's Pharmacy Clinic, we give you all the necessary information available to make your life more manageable which allow's you to better live with your condition.
Diverticulitis, a comprehensive overview http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/diverticulitis/DS00070
Treatment & Management Strategies
If you would like to know the latest treatment and management strategies, using conventional and scientifically backed complementary medicine and therapies, plus an assortment of helpful tips, hints and lifestyle remedies which will improve your overall quality of life, then call into our pharmacy and we'll be delighted to help.