Treatment of mild to moderate pain and fever in babies and children ≥3 months especially when oral administration is not appropriate e.g. post-operative pain or patients with nausea and/or vomiting.
- Paralink 180mg Suppositories are indicated in the management of pain and fever associated with such conditions as influenza, the common cold, headache, rheumatism, teething and post-operative pain.
- For a full product characteristic sheet, please consult www.medicines.ie.
- Always read instructions carefully.
- Paracetamol is the active ingredient.
Suitable from 3 months to 6 years.
This product is available in the following pack size:
10 suppositories per pack.
Dosage / Instructions for use
For rectal use only
- 3 months - 1 year (5 - 10kg): ½ Suppository
- 1 - 3 years (10 - 15kg): 1 Suppository
- 3 - 6 years (15 - 20kg): 1½ Suppositories
Dose may be repeated 6 hourly as necessary or as directed by the physician.
Instructions for use:
- If your child needs to empty their bowels this should be done before inserting the suppository.
- You may find it easier to give your child the suppository if they are lying on their side or on their front. Do whatever is more comfortable for your child.
Wash your hands.
- To remove a suppository, tear one from the strip along the perforations then peel it from the plastic wrapping by holding the two halves of the wrapping at the tip of the suppository and gently peeling them apart.
- If necessary moisten the tip, then gently push the suppository into your child’s back passage (rectum) with the pointed end first.
- Wash your hands.
- Try to keep your child still for a minute or two.
- The process should be repeated if your child needs another suppository.