HOW DOES LYNCH'S PHARMACY HELP?
- Initial half hour consultation with our Pharmacist outlining Bronchitis. This 30 minute one-on-one session is broken into three areas -
- What is the cause of Bronchitis?
- How is Bronchitis treated?
- How do you live with Bronchitis?
- We will go through the causes, risk factors, progression and management of Bronchitis. We will explain the treatments available including conventional medicine, complimentary medicine and complimentary therapy. All our recommendations for complimentary medicine and therapies are based on clinical evidence.
- Access to our Bronchitis Resource Centre - stay informed and up to date on the latest developments in Bronchitis research, including the best management strategies available.
- Access to our Bronchitis Library where you will find articles and videos on all things to do with causes, living with and treating Bronchitis.
- You might have been recommended to follow a healthy diet, so we make it easy by providing many delicious, healthy, calorie controlled recipes.
- Exercise is medicine. Let Olympic Athlete Gillian O'Sullivan get you motivated and started with an exercise program. Gillian will put you through your paces online using our stretching and exercise videos.
- Visit our interactive stress management centre where Sinead & Jez will help you relax through Yoga and Tai Chi.
- Also available in our resource centre are our scientifically proven complimentary therapies. Get started today using our quick start guide to Art Therapy, Music Therapy, Light Therapy, meditation, relaxed breathing, muscle relaxation and many more. Control your stress using scientifically proven therapies.
What is it?
The bronchial tubes carry air to your lungs. These can becomes inflamed resulting in bronchitis. It can be acute- a once off sudden episode after a cough or cold, or it can be chronic- constant inflammation and irritation on the airways.
How do I recognise it?
- Production of mucus (sputum), either clear or white or yellowish-gray or green in color
- Shortness of breath, made worse by mild exertion
- Slight fever and chills
- Chest discomfort
Cold and flu viruses often cause acute bronchitis. But you can also develop noninfectious bronchitis from exposure to your own or someone else's tobacco smoke and from pollutants such as household cleaners and smog.
The inflammation of your bronchial tubes become permanent — a condition known as chronic bronchitis. You're generally considered to have chronic bronchitis if you cough most days for at least three months a year in two consecutive years.
Smoking is the major cause of chronic bronchitis.
How do you treat it?
Like any disease, even if there is no cure, there is almost always something you can do to manage it and take control. There are three main areas involved in the treatment of any disease:
For information on medicines and therapies relevant to Bronchitis, make an appointment at Lynch's pharmacy, Broadale, Douglas, Cork on 021-4366923.
Learn all about the drugs used to treat the disease and any complementary medicines or therapies proven to help. Equip yourself with the tools to manage the condition and not be managed by it.
How do you live with it?
Certain adjustments may be needed to get on with your life, and often, some simple tips and advice can go a long way to making these changes.
When you come to a Lynch's Pharmacy Clinic, we give you all the relevent information available to make your life easier and allow you to better live with your condition.
Bronchitis, information for patients http://www.cks.nhs.uk/patient_information_leaflet/bronchitis
Treatment & Management Strategies
If you would like to know the latest treatment and management strategies, using conventional and scientifically backed complementary medicine and therapies, plus an assortment of helpful tips, hints and lifestyle remedies which will improve your overall quality of life, then call into our pharmacy and we'll be delighted to help.